Monday 26 May 2014

Rebecca: Goodbye China!

It's the saddest day of the trip - I don't want to leave yet! I had so many adventures in China, from KTV to squat toilets to getting hopelessly lost in Beijing. I climbed the Great Wall (and my entire body still aches) and took a boat tour around a water town, I ate deep fried bananas (new favourite food!) and haggled at a night market. I guess I can't really stay in China, since I literally have enough money for today's meals and that's it, but I'm sure I'd figure something out. 

I'm trying to pick a highlight of the trip, but I really can't decide. The trip itself was probably one of the highlights of my life. And at the risk of sounding sappy, I'm so glad Jen was on the trip with me. Having good friends to joke around with the whole way made everything so much better (that includes you, Steven). It wouldn't have been the same without late-night card games and exchanging unflattering candid photos of each other.

Our plane leaves at 6pm tonight, so I'll be back in Toronto at 6:45pm after a 12 hour flight (wrap your head around that one). It is quite literally going to be the longest Monday of my life. After I land in Toronto I've got another two hour flight to get home, so I'm going to be exhausted. I might have to sleep for a week or so. 

Anyway, I better get out and enjoy the last I'm going to be seeing of China for a while. I need to get me some more street food! Hopefully that little stand is still outside our hostel... 

See you at home!
-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment