Monday 26 May 2014

Jen: The Great Big Wall of China

So. We did it! We did all 3 big tourist areas of China. The Tian'anmen Square, The Forbidden Palace and the Great Wall of China! The Tian'anmen Square was a little underwhelming. There was the Chairman Mao image that many people go to see everyday. His body is still there and China has part of their budget set to restore his body every year. The line takes about 3 hours so nope. Didn't do it. The Forbidden Palace was pretty crowded and a lot of the buildings look similar but the rooms that I did see were good. I can't imagine what the area would look like before all the tourism. I heard 18 Emperors lived there! I've also heard they film movies there! There are night walks you can do for ¥180. And also Peking Opera.... Which is tempting. 
Lastly was the Great Wall. I guess I was suppose to wait for Rebecca but Alex ran up ahead and I knew we would walk at a  more similar pace. So sorry not sorry Rebecca! Maybe we'll come back again someday! I climbed way too many stairs today. But it was worse going down.

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment