Sunday 11 May 2014

Jen: I Could Definitely Live Here

So much has happened sonce the last post I don't even know where to start. China is best when you wander off the beaten path. (Don't worry mom I'm always with a group!) I've surprisingly not bought as much as I expected I would. Shopping here is a bit of a nightmare because people really want to sell to foreigners. Chinese people know just enough English to yell: "Hello lady, you want buy _____." And I know enough Mandarin to say "Too expensive, goodbye." It's a little overwhelming wheb everybody wants to sell you the exact same thing.
Me and Rebecca plan on going back to a little strip of malls on Tuesday becayse we both have the day off. Its suppose to be less busy on weedays.
The University has a cerfew of 10pm which is really interesting. The buses and subways all stop running after that for the most part. China really wants people to be inside the Higher Education Zone. The students have everything they need within the campus though. Tonnes of food, shops (that sell anything and everything), hospital, a movie theatre and a soon-to-be shopping mall. It legit has everything here on campus! It seems a little strange but China is a pretty smart country. This way not all of the students will be out late at night and they save $ on late subways and buses. And they don't have to leave campus for a lot of amenities. There are guards and signs with instructions everywhere but honestly it makes me feel safer! If only subway rides weren't so brutally long...

No comments:

Post a Comment